Monday, October 03, 2005

Act 2, Scene 14: "Relative Visit"


S, your brother is going to Cape Cod with his girlfriend, right? says TRL.

Yup.

I have an idea. You think he could visit my grandma in the nursing home? He could pretend he’s me, that his girlfriend is you, and he could put on two sock puppets and call them C & E. My grandma wouldn’t know the difference, she would enjoy the visit and it would protect my inheritance.

Two sock puppets for C & E?

They’d be cute sock puppets, answers TRL. Very cute.

S walks away.

What? he says. Must be the sock puppets, TRL decides. He would have to come up with a better plan for representing C & E. Cups with styrofoam heads? Midget actors? Photos cut outs?

3 Comments:

Blogger Matthew D. Ward said...

I'll definitely be back as well. This is great. I do think, however, the best solution would be the midget actors.

5:10 PM  
Blogger porchwise said...

I house-husbanded for five years but I didn't have the luxury of day care and baby sitters. I did it all and it ain't easy. Your wife must make better money than mine did. I really enjoyed it, even though it was a lot more work than I had in mind.

6:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Porchwise:
Thanks for the comments. It is a challenge, especially for men (whether it is for one day, two days, or all week). I am still trying to understand how men react differently to that challege than women. How much is nature vs. nurture?

Matthew: Thanks for the feedback. I dig the goat and the slinky.

9:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home